Hi, this is Congressman Jeff Flake of the great state of Arizona, proudly announcing my endorsement of the candidacy of Gov. Mitt Romney for President of the United States.
- As a fiscal hawk like Mitt, I believe that our crucial Minimum Wage requirements must be periodically raised “to keep pace with inflation.”
- As a committed pragmatist like Mitt, I “like” healthcare mandates. I believe they “work.”
- As conservationist like Mitt, I believe “carbon emission limits will provide immediate and real progress.”
- As a man of faith like Mitt, I have vowed to “respect and protect a woman’s right to choose,” and believe since “Roe vs. Wade has been the law for 20 years…we should sustain and support it.”
- As a far-sighted problem solver like Mitt, “I’m not in favor of privatizing Social Security or making cuts.”
- As a student of economics like Mitt was in No Apologies, I predicted the “stimulus that passed in 2009 [would] accelerate the timing of the start of the recovery.”
- As a man of the little-guy like Mitt, I believe that the removal of taxes on investment, concurrent with the imposition of a Flat-Tax (the Forbes plan), constitutes “a tax cut for fat cats.”
- As a traditionalist like Mitt, I believe “we must make equality for gays and lesbians a mainstream concern.”
- As frontiersman like Mitt, I believe “tough gun laws…protect us and provide for our safety.”
- Like Mitt, “I am not the most conservative candidate.”
- And finally, as literato like Mitt, I thought “Battlefield Earth…was a very fun science fiction book.”
Thanks for your attention. God bless the United States of America.